"A mind once stretched by a new idea can never regain its original dimensions." ~Oliver Wendall Holmes

Current Weather Info

Current Sun and Moon Info

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Gone, Bailey, Gone!

Bailey and Taboo ran off yesterday morning. Taboo, of course, came back, but Bailey is still missing. This is the third time the dogs have run off in a week. On a daily basis, I asked Avery to chain the dogs up and he did not. I get that he didnt listen to me...that's pretty typical behavior for a 12 year old, but you would think after they run off (twice) that he would finally learn and start hooking them up. BUT NO!

So, Bailey is gone....

I put an email out on the email network that we have here. Most people in town are connected to this network and much gets accomplished through it. Here is the only response I've gotten so far...

Hi Alisha:

I hope you find your puppy, if you haven't already! This is a BAD week for this family of puppies. On Tuesday morning, Mindy (Bailey's 1/2 sister by the same father but different mother) got run over by a Crowley fuel truck. She died instantly. The truck driver was decent enough to call me to let me at work to let me know it happened. Apparently my oldest daughter had let the dogs out and went off to school. There was someone in the house, but she didn't even think to call the dogs back in.

Then, after I called her, she let the dogs in and when my younger daughter and her friends got home after school, they let the two older dogs out. Minutes after she let them out, Missy (Bailey's mom) got run over and killed. The person who ran over her didn't bother to stop and just kept on going. There's the young kids, trying to drag her off the road. My daughter called me all delirious...I was beyond nuts at that time because how can I lose TWO dogs in one day!

This week has been hell for me and poor Coby(my other dog), she's all by herself and she is depressed. I can't go anywhere without her following me and she keeps whining around. She NEVER wants to go out now and when she does, she just sits at the top of the steps. I'd better quit writing because I'm starting to get all heavy inside and teary eyed.

I am looking for another lab in the Anchorage Daily News, and my mother-in-law is looking around the valley for us. We need to get another lab soon for the kids and so Coby can have a partner. We have both dogs in the freezer and we'll be bringing them to Napaimute to bury them by our other two dogs - Lady that we had for 14 years and Trixie who died from licking anti-freeze.

Let me know how things turn out.

This was written by the lady who I got Bailey from. I have edited it to remove names and make it more clear to you, who do not know the family and dogs she's writing about.

Based on this, it's not looking good that we'll ever be seeing Bailey again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey alisha!! its nice to talk 2 u...!!...i miss u all...OMG...Avery sleeps wit his eyes closed?? now thats weird!!
well u can email me anytime @
mbluvsya012@aim.com
but anyway...hope things are goin good there...mom says hi...hugs and kisses to u all!!

alisha said...

anonymous...who are you?

*♥Miranda♥[[WeSt SiDe ThUg™]]* said...

um...miranda!! i got a blogspot now!! i just created one!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.