"A mind once stretched by a new idea can never regain its original dimensions." ~Oliver Wendall Holmes

Current Weather Info

Current Sun and Moon Info

Monday, February 18, 2008

Might as well be SUMMER!


38 degrees. The sun is shining brightly off of two feet of melting snow, warming my face. The angle of the sun is increasing as well and what a difference it makes! To see the sun actually rise into the sky as if it's headed toward something greater than its usual barely past dawn position is a glorious sight. The sight and sound of snowmachines zooming all around in every direction. Everyone is out, noone can resist the warmth and sunshine of today. You have to get out and enjoy because you know it will be -40 again in no time. Thoughts of spring and summer are on my mind today. Not only does the sunshine and heat warm the body, but the mind and soul as well. I'd be willing to bet all the students will be in great moods tomorrow. I know I will be.

I took Taboo and Bailey out for a walk. It was Bailey's first real walk. She did pretty good, but is definitely not used to being on a leash. I can imagine that that would take some getting used to. I would have taken some pictures for you to see, but my camera is still out of batteries. What a difference perspective makes. 38 degrees would be cold anywhere else, but here it's amazingly warm. Avery didnt have school today so he spent the night at a friends house and stayed all day today. They are having a birthday party for the kid this evening. Avery also got to go snow machine riding with my neighbor yesterday for about an hour. So, he's been keeping busy having some fun. I hope all of that, along with this sunshine, will give him a more positive disposition.

Today is a crocus pushing through the snow kind of day!

(Disclaimer...Crocus, to my knowledge, do not grow in this part of Alaska. And, even if they did, it is still too cold for them to be showing themselves. Therefore, I did not take that photo. I pulled it from the web.)

1 comment:

Kale Iverson said...

cool crocus photo! Stankorage is ok.