"A mind once stretched by a new idea can never regain its original dimensions." ~Oliver Wendall Holmes

Current Weather Info

Current Sun and Moon Info

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Everybody loves the dots

So, the new map feature really has been a big hit. I've had more comments for that then I've had for awhile. So, I thought I'd try to explain a little bit more how it works. If you click on the "Cluster map", you can see a bigger version of the same map. Then you can click where it says 'map with smaller clusters' to see even more dots. The dots are only updated if there is at least a 10% increase in the number of dots that would be put on the map. This means that there has to be 10% more NEW dots in order for the dots to update. However, under the map it keeps track of how many people read each day and THAT information IS updated every day. As far as I can tell, the map updates each night at about 10pm Alaska Standard Time, which is 2am Eastern Standard Time..

I'm glad everyone is enjoying the little red dots as much as I am. It's interesting how things that would be totally lame any other time or any other place are totally cool when you're stuck in the middle of bush Alaska.

No comments: