"A mind once stretched by a new idea can never regain its original dimensions." ~Oliver Wendall Holmes

Current Weather Info

Current Sun and Moon Info

Sunday, February 03, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

to me! 28 already? WOW! Nothing special planned for my birthday. Superbowl party to go to, but still bummed that the Pack is not in it. I'll post more later.

Ok.....it's later. NYGiants won the Superbowl and I'm glad for them. I wouldnt have minded seeing the Patriots win and make history with their perfect season though either. Had a good time at the Superbowl party. Lots of people and food. Great time. It would have been better if it would have been the packers...

Not much new goin' on these days. Working everyday and loving it! Get togethers with friends I've met or going to community events. Alot of time reading, lesson planning, and watching movies. I'm also taking a Yupik culture class and I've been trying to get some assignments and stuff done for that lately. Things are good.

It's cold again...-22 today. There's a wind chill advisory out until 9am tomorrow. With wind chill right now it's -40! I can tell you...it's really cold out. Super cold out! Unbelievably cold out. We're up to 8 hours of daylight and tomorrow will be 5minutes and 17seconds longer. It's crazy how fast we're gaining light. I havent seen the aurora yet, so I dont want it to get light too fast until I get to see it. I'm hoping it will show itself to me soon.

Thanks to everyone who called, emailed, commented, or sent a card for my birthday. I heard from quite a few people and that helps to know that I havent been forgotten way up here in the Last Frontier. I love you and miss you all!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 28th Alisha, I hope you had a good day!

Kathy

Anonymous said...

happy belated birthday!!! next time im out (you know how often that is) i will have a birthday drink for you!! after that one drink i most likely will pass out!!! well i will have to call you soon. happy birthday again

edije

alisha said...

Edije,

Just try not to hit your head on the way down. :) I cant wait to see you guys this summer. Give the kids some kisses from me and Avery, and tell Kevin we said HI! Call me soon!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a nice birthday. Did you get my message yesterday? The football game was awesome!! One of the best I've seen. It was almost as good as watching the 9ers win a game. I'll try to call you again next weekend. Love and miss you.

Lisa

alisha said...

I did get your message Lisa, thanks. It was a pretty good game, especially the end. I think the last five minutes was the best. Thanks for thinking of me on my Birthday. Love and miss you too!