"A mind once stretched by a new idea can never regain its original dimensions." ~Oliver Wendall Holmes

Current Weather Info

Current Sun and Moon Info

Friday, January 17, 2014

Number 9: Read 5 more books of the list

Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
I read this one in print.  I think the thing the struck me the most about this book was how different is was from the classic Alice in Wonderland movie.  Some parts of the movie are really not even in the book at all!

Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery
I listened to an audio version of this.  It's a really lovely coming of age story, but what I liked the most about it was the perspective of a different time period.  I have continued listening to the whole series and am currently on the 5th book.

The Secret Garden by Frances Burnett
I listened to an audio version of this while doing alot of painting.  Painting walls, painting closets, painting ceilings, painting with my ipod in my bra to hold it close to my ears :)  I did read this as a kid, but it really had a different meaning for me as a parent.

Vanity Fair by William Makepeace Thackeray
Also listened to this while working on the house, mostly while painting.  I had a hard time following the story in the beginning, but really enjoyed it once I knew what was going on.

Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad
Don't bother with this story.  Boring and pointless.

No comments: