"A mind once stretched by a new idea can never regain its original dimensions." ~Oliver Wendall Holmes

Current Weather Info

Current Sun and Moon Info

Friday, January 31, 2014

Number 16: Update my vacation journal and photo albums

Since my freshman year of college, I've been keeping all my pictures in a yearly photo album.  I used the big three ring albums and had my film developed a roll at a time so when I inserted the photos they were always in order.  And then came the digital photography.  I resisted digital for awhile because I always liked the quality of film better, but as digital cameras got better and more convenient, my resistance didnt last long. 

A few years ago, I saw that making photo books was approximately the same cost as just having the photos printed and buying an album.  I have to upload the photos to print them anyway, so decided to try the photo books instead.  And then I put it off and put it off.  For three years.  So, over Christmas break this year when we were ordering Avery's senior pictures online, I noticed they were having a buy 1, get 2 free special on photo books.  Perfect!  I was behind 3 years.  I got to uploading and creating and they turned out fantastic!  I love them!
Meanwhile, my vacation journal has not been updated for just as many years, maybe more.  So, I sat down with my iphoto open and started documenting my vacations in my journal.  My goal is to be finished updating it in time for my Hawaii trip next month so I can start fresh.  It's always so much better to write it down when it's fresh in your mind because you forget all the small details that make vacations so wonderful.

No comments: