"A mind once stretched by a new idea can never regain its original dimensions." ~Oliver Wendall Holmes

Current Weather Info

Current Sun and Moon Info

Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Number 12: Explore the water


Only a few days into my summer, I had the opportunity to try out a new (to me) water sport.  Paddleboarding!  First a random kind person let me try his, then a few days later I got to try it again when Christy's friends let us borrow theirs.  It took only a few minutest standing their to get used to it. After that, it was pretty easy.  Paddled all the way to the other side of the lake and back which helped get my tan on track for the summer.

A few weeks later, I was visiting friends in Ohio for the 4th of July.  We spent the day out on Lake Erie and went tubing.  It was a good time and the water was cool and refreshing.

 Then my friend, Lisa, and I went canoeing on Indian Lake.  Definitely helped me get rid of my Alaska tan once and for all.
Not long after that, we visited a water park in Indiana.  Between all of these activities and a 10 day camping trip up the coast of Michigan, I have definitely spent my fair share of days in the water this summer.

No comments: