"A mind once stretched by a new idea can never regain its original dimensions." ~Oliver Wendall Holmes

Current Weather Info

Current Sun and Moon Info

Thursday, March 13, 2008

The newest Scout!

Avery has been involved with Boy Scouts for a couple months now. On Wednesday night, he finally received his uniform and his first badges. We attended the badge ceremony in the old part of the Catholic church. This used to be the chapel, but now it is the social room. The really interesting thing about this building is that is does not face the street, but rather faces a little pond. The reason, I've been told, is because it was built before there were roads and the main form of transportation was boat or qayaq.
Most of the other Boy Scouts are my students. Here are a couple of the kids and their fathers, who are the Scout Masters.
The Scouts are going camping (weather permitting) this weekend on Saturday night. They are going up river a couple of miles to someone's fish camp. They will be staying in cabins so they wont be too cold.
It's back down to below zero, again. It hasn't been this cold for weeks. Brrrrr!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another wonderful marker in growing Avery into manhood. How proud you must be of him. I can see how good this bush experience is for him too.

OK on the Florida front, it has been in the 70s and 80s already with nights around 50 to 60 degrees. And we shudder at anything below 70......wusses are we!!!!! lol

Things here are much better. My 30 y/o son has a job and he is drug free. We are planning to move back into the big house with all our pets and I have the condo up for sale (can't have pets here...) My job is coming along and I can see some light again in my life. My dad continues in rehab and probably had a small stroke but one never really knows. He eis getting good care and for that I am so grateful.

I have gotten back into my home church and feel much more at peace now. A few months can make such a difference in life. Spring is alomost here and Easter too. New beginnings for everyone......life is good and God cares for our tiniest needs.

Keep posting.....

Edna