"A mind once stretched by a new idea can never regain its original dimensions." ~Oliver Wendall Holmes

Current Weather Info

Current Sun and Moon Info

Monday, October 08, 2012

Filling the Freezer

This year is the first year ever that I dont have any salmon put up in the freezer.  I was really stressing over how we were going to be able to afford to fill the freezer this winter with all that empty space.  One of my friends put our names on the moose call list.  Basically if someone has moose that needs to be claimed, they call you and you have to come get it right away.  My friend doesnt have a car so we agreed to split the meat if I would be the driver.  We got the call one evening and went straight out to get it.  The meat was from some Lower 48 hunters who got a big bull moose, but couldnt take all the meat back home with them.  They gave us two big 50 pound bags of meat.  I took one and my friend took the other.  After two days of processing it, I ended up with a freezer full of clean, processed, packaged meat ready to go for the winter.  What a major stress reliever!!!

No comments: