"A mind once stretched by a new idea can never regain its original dimensions." ~Oliver Wendall Holmes

Current Weather Info

Current Sun and Moon Info

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

17 done, 13 to go

My birthday is coming soon so I have to try and wrap this list up in only 2 weeks. I have a feeling there might be quite a few carry overs onto next year's list. Oh well.

For now, number 22 on the birthday list is complete: Ban (almost) all Christmas spending. I really did not BUY anyone (except Avery) a single Christmas gift this year. I did send out some Alaska Bird calendars as gifts to some people, but those were free :) I didnt even send Christmas cards. I know that some of you might be thinking "Ba humbug", but really it is about time I banned Christmas spending. It was getting out of hand. I would much rather go somewhere (Paris) and do something (ok, lots of things) and enjoy the company of the people I love (gma), than spend a bunch of money on stuff. So, this year instead of spending a bunch of money on Christmas stuff, I took my grandmother to Paris instead. Post to follow soon, because that was number 1 on the list.

Merry (belated) Christmas everyone. I hope you got to spend yours with the people that you love rather than the stuff that you got. Joyeux Noel!

1 comment:

Tamara said...

Ahhhh, now I know where you were and what you were doing! I can't wait to see the Paris Post. :-)