"A mind once stretched by a new idea can never regain its original dimensions." ~Oliver Wendall Holmes

Current Weather Info

Current Sun and Moon Info

Wednesday, February 03, 2016

Harvest, preserve, and eat wild mushrooms

In the Fall of 2014, Erin and I took a mushroom identification class.
In the fall of 2015, I went back to Bethel and we did a little collecting of some mushrooms we found next to the trail by the river.
I'm certain enough about the identification of these mushrooms that I dried and packaged them.  I still havent gotten around to eating them yet, however, I did get to enjoy a HUGE piece of chicken of the woods mushroom that was collected and given to us by a friend.  We enjoyed that and will get around to eating these mushrooms when we are certain we wont be consuming any alcohol.  Apparently, although edible and delicious, these mushrooms will react badly with alcohol!!!




No comments: