"A mind once stretched by a new idea can never regain its original dimensions." ~Oliver Wendall Holmes

Current Weather Info

Current Sun and Moon Info

Friday, February 05, 2016

5 Goals, 1 Post

Eye Exam
While I was visiting Indiana in the spring visiting, I went to get an eye exam.  First time I've had one in years.  All is good.

Check my credit report
I did this in the spring right before leaving Bethel.  I wanted to see what my credit looked like for filling out a rental application for an apartment in my new town.  A few weeks ago, we found a house for rent and the owner told me, "You have a better credit score than me!"

Fast for three days
I did this in the spring while I was still in Bethel.  It wasnt as hard as I expected it to be.  After the first day, you pretty much get over being hungry. I mostly wanted to eat at the end because I missed food!

Make a Bethel appreciation list
I did this before leaving Bethel.  I sent it to Eric and told him to keep me accountable for all of the things I valued about living there.  I dont want city life to change me or get me caught up in drama.  Every once and awhile he busts it out and we looked over it.

Recycle
Recycling from an apartment complex is not the easiest thing to do.  We had talked to the neighbor in the house across the street about putting out our recycling with theirs.  Originally they said yes, but then they got a little weird about it.  So, we put a rubbermaid bin outside the front door and started sneaking our recycling into other peoples bins by driving down alleys in our neighborhood.  This just made me feel like I was committing a crime instead of doing a good deed though so I stopped.  Then a friend told me about some local drop off points for recycling.  We've been taking it there.

No comments: