"A mind once stretched by a new idea can never regain its original dimensions." ~Oliver Wendall Holmes

Current Weather Info

Current Sun and Moon Info

Wednesday, September 05, 2012

God's gift to cinnamon rolls

Last year for my birthday, my friend gave me some real vanilla extract that she had made.  That day was the day that I learned what I'd been missing by buying the fake stuff.  I'll never be able to go back to the fake stuff again.  That was the day my homemade sourdough cinnamon rolls got the frosting they deserved.  And who knew that making your own vanilla extract was so easy and inexpensive?  This fall my friend gave me a jar of cinnamon extract, but I couldnt wait to have some more REAL vanilla so I gave making it a shot.  All it takes is 6 vanilla beans for every cup of vodka, a cool dark place, and about 6 months.

No comments: