"A mind once stretched by a new idea can never regain its original dimensions." ~Oliver Wendall Holmes

Current Weather Info

Current Sun and Moon Info

Friday, February 01, 2013

Number 30: Read 5 more books off the list

I've been reading books off of this BBC book list for several years now.  While my goal was to read 5, unfortunately I only had time for 3 because spent most of my year engrossed in the Outlander Series by Diana Galbaldon.  I love, love, love these books!

From the book list this year, I read...

1. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
I didnt really care for this book much.  It took me months to read it because every time I tried to open it, I would get about 2 paragraphs read before I would fall asleep completely.  It just couldnt hold my attention!!!  The story was good and the writing was good, but I was just bored by it.

2. Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
I've been listening to the Sherlock stories on my iPod.  So far I've listened to two books and two compilations of stories.   I've been enjoying them.  I like the uniqueness of every story and the way that they are written.

3. A Town Like Alice by Nevil Shute
I also listened to this one on my iPod.  It was a small novel by an Australian writer about a woman who walked across the Malay Pennisula during the war with a group of other women.  She adapted and survived through her journey, but lost everyone she loved.  She eventually reconnects with a man that she met on her journey and falls in love, moving to Australia and creating town like Alice.

No comments: